Voluntary Water Conservation of the Town’s Municipal Water System
SEPTEMBER 6, 2023
The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality has issued a Drought Warning Advisory for our area. In addition, the Town of Broadway’s water resources are below seasonal averages and continue to decline. In response, all Broadway commercial and residential water customers are requested to observe voluntary water conservation measures effective immediately. Voluntary water conservation measures include:
- Reducing vegetable, lawn, plant, and garden watering by watering only when needed, between the late evening and early morning hours (exceptions include greenhouse and commercial nurseries).
- Limiting washing automobiles, recreational vehicles, or other types of mobile
equipment to only when needed, between the late evening and early morning hours.
Use of a commercial vehicle wash facility does not need to follow these time restrictions.
- Reducing washing of sidewalks, buildings, homes, driveways, parking lots or any other paved surface except in the case of meeting health and safety standards.
- Operating only fully loaded dishwashers and clothes washing machines.
- Taking short showers instead of baths.
- Turning off the tap while washing hands, brushing teeth, or shaving.
- Limiting filling of swimming pools, except that filled pools may be topped
off to maintain the appropriate levels for use.
- Eliminating the operation of any ornamental fountains, unless the water is recycled.
- Serving drinking water in restaurants only upon patron request.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and assistance in conserving our water during this shortage. Please continue to monitor the Town’s website and social media for updates.