JOB TITLE – Finance Director/Treasurer
The Town of Broadway is accepting applications for the position of Finance Director/Treasurer. The successful applicant will plan, organize, and direct the financial activities of the town; prepare and perform analyses and projections; and develop and monitor all aspects of the budget.
• Lead the development of the general operating and capital improvement budgets, including reviewing departmental budget requests for accuracy and justification of resource allocation and expenditures.
• Forecasting revenue projections and monitoring revenues and expenditures during the year.
• Lead the annual audit and work with auditors and consultants, providing necessary records and information.
• Report on various financial and budgetary issues as needed and required under principles of best municipal financial practice.
• Prepare financial information for the Town Manager and departments.
• Manage all human resource functions including managing and preparing payroll, health insurance, retirement, etc.
• Prepare and manage invoices and accounts receivable.
• Serve as a member of the leadership team and attend meetings as needed to represent the town.
• Exercise independent judgement and initiative in planning and directing the fiscal control system.
Desirable education and experience: Bachelor’s degree with coursework in business, accounting, or a related field preferred; considerable experience in managerial, government administration, and accounting, with a Certified Public Accounting license preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is an exempt, full-time position with in-person office expectations. The Town of Broadway participates in the Virginia Retirement System and provides an excellent benefits package. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. The Town of Broadway is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Applications may be obtained online by clicking here or in person at the Broadway Town Office, 116 Broadway Avenue. Please submit application, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Town of Broadway, P.O. Box 156, Broadway, VA 22815. Application review will begin on Wednesday, April 12, 2023. Position is open until filled.
JOB TITLE – Public Works Operator
DEPARTMENT – Public Works
HOURS/WEEK – Regular schedule: 40 hours/week, M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; 1hour lunch
(Must be available for emergency call outs 24/7)
Interested candidates must complete an application at Broadway Town Hall, 116 Broadway Ave, Broadway, VA 22815, M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Application review to begin as soon as possible. Application deadline extended. Applications currently under review. Position open until filled.
• JOB SUMMARY – Operator performs a full array of unskilled to semi-skilled manual labor activities as needed and/or required by the Public Works Department to maintain operations. Activities include but are not limited to maintenance and repair of the Township’s buildings, equipment, municipal streets, parks, pool, water, storm sewer and sanitary sewer systems. Operate various types of equipment, specialty tools, machinery and commercial vehicles and perform manual and some skilled work.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS – Ability to regularly use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and to reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Ability to regularly work in outside weather conditions exposed to heat, cold, wet, or humid conditions. Ability to use shovels, rakes, and miscellaneous hand tools. Must be able to pick up and carry 75lbs on a regular basis. (Must be available for emergency calls.)
• ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Maintain streets, parking lots and related property. Operate and service water, storm, and sanitary systems. Install, construct, maintain parks, grounds and related facilities and equipment. Perform landscape/grounds care. Perform general maintenance activities and cleaning. Perform general labor. Perform snow removal. Perform custodial duties and prepare facilities for public use. Understand and adhere to all safety policies and practices. Perform a wide range of tasks to maintain the operations of Public Works at the direction of the Public Works Director.
• KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES – Ability to read, understand and follow oral instructions and written materials. Ability to perform job responsibilities in climatic extremes. Ability to perform in the safe and efficient use of tools used in the Public Works Department. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with township staff and the public. Ability to adhere to the Township rules and regulations, federal and state guidelines, etc.
• EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS – High School diploma or equivalent, and some experience in water and sewer systems preferred. Candidate should have basic knowledge of hand tools and be mechanically inclined. Must have the ability to follow directions and work well in a team setting. Class B CDL is preferred but not required.